How Do I Get Work Experience Resume?
Wow, it seems to be difficult to get a dreamed job after graduating from college nowadays. As the matter of fact, underemployed or unemployed college graduates have reached as many as 2 million. It sounds scary spooky reality. But keep being optimistic and believing on yourself that you can have or even make one for you.
Need to realize firstly the reasons why fresh college grads are not able to get a job.
- Day dreaming expectation; after having their degree and diploma on their hands then they think they had plus value. They think they do not need to seek the job because the job will seek them.
- Low academic scores; many employers use a CUM score of 3.0 (equivalent to a B grade average) as a minimum requirement and some may even seek out those with higher scores. It is quite understandable since every employer wants to employ the best person in their industry.
- Poor communication capabilities; it is not common for a college graduate to have poor communication skills, but nevertheless, some graduates still managed to graduate with a degree yet still have communication skills of a 5 year old.
- Lack of work experience; since they are fresh grads, commonly they have minimum work experience.
- Lack of preparation; those college graduates who don’t prepare for their future by getting good references, achieving highly overall while at college and developing excellent communication skills will find themselves frustrated by the fact they can’t seem to get a job, although they are highly qualified.
After reading those ghost bump reasons; then what will we do to overcome those? Will you take your steps back and run away from those reality? Will you ignore those? Or will you try to untie those complications.
Have no work experience resume, and then get it.
Hey, even it is not easy to get a job without having work experience but it does not mean impossible. The key is if you have no single one, then you have to get it. Here are some tips for the NO WORK EXPERIENCE WORKER thus you could erase the question How Do I Get Work Experience?
- Try part time job first. Even that job is irrelevant with your degree but it is fine for the new comer. At least from that job will broaden your knowledge and your social communication skill. And from that job will be your first experience.
- Then, get another industry. Even this job is still not irrelevant but it is ok. Don’t forget to ask more jobs, it seems mad but it’s really works. Gaining and adsorbing as much as skills from that new job. Valuable interpersonal skills can be learned, as well as some industry knowledge.
- If you still could not get a job, try voluntary work. It shows commitment and initiative (even if you aren’t doing anything to mentally taxing) and, again, you can increase your industry knowledge and may discover a new career path that you had not even thought of before.
- But, if you are not satisfied with a local voluntary work, doing volunteer work abroad would give you the opportunity to explore the country firsthand and still interact with the country’s people and enjoy accommodation for free (or for less costs) while earning work experience.
There are many paths to gain success so there are no sad and shallow minded on it. No more creeping expression, How Do I Get Work Experience Resume?